SkyCop® Gunshot Enclosure Systems
The SkyCop® Gunshot Enclosure System is a remote, self-contained, intelligent video security system that makes use of Safety Dynamics SENTRI program. SENTRI employs a gunshot detection approach based on neurobiological principles of brain signal processing, and allows, like the human brain, accurate pattern recognition of acoustic gunshot signals even in the presence of high noise.
The unit then recognizes gunshot events from small arms to attack rifles to shotguns in a 360-degree radius. The SENTRI system can interface with any number of cameras including powerful pan/tilt/zoom video cameras and can move the camera to the location of the gunshot event in less than one second. The SkyCop® Gunshot Enclosure is housed in environmentally- controlled aluminum housing and can be customized to include optional features such as bullet-resistant materials and custom artwork to meet the customer's needs. The enclosure is designed to operate in all weather conditions.
- Can detect gunshot events from subsonic and supersonic weapons including small arms to attack rifles to shotguns
- Integrates easily with multi-sensor technology such as LPR, RFID, and Traffic Control Systems
- All Integrated Electronics are Housed and Protected in the Environmentally-Controlled Aluminum Enclosure
- 2-Way Audio Communication
- Integrates with any VMS that supports external alarm notification
- PTZ Day / Night 36X Cameras
- GSM / EVDO Cell Phone Communication
- 802.11 Mesh Radio Communications
- H.264 Resident Digital Recording
- Optional Backlighting Kit
- Optional Bullet-Resistant Kit
- Optional Thermal Imaging Camera Systems
- Optional License Plate Recognition Systems
Technical Specifications Acoustic Detection
The SENTRI microphone array is comprised of four aluminum alloy arms anchored into a machined aluminum base. Attached to the ends of each arm is a Knowles MR-8406 condenser microphone. The microphone array has the ability to perform in harsh, extreme weather environments. Vibration, weather, noise and tamper resistance were all factors in the design and testing of the standalone SENTRI unit.
Safety Dynamics has trained the neural networks that serve as part of the recognition functions to detect various calibers of gunshot and to ignore other loud noises such as truck and bus backfires, fireworks, and motorcycles.
- TI TMS320C6713 DSP Operating at 225 MHz
- 16 MB SDRAM; 32 MB Flash Memory
- 512K bytes of On-Board Flash ROM
- Microphone Array composed of aluminum alloy
- Four 3.5 mm Microphone Input Jacks
- 4 Status LEDs
- +12,-12, +5 Volt Power Supply
- Size: 8.25" x 4.5" x 1.25” (210 x 115 x 35mm)
- 0.062" Thick, 6 Layers
- 500 KHz per Channel Sampling Rate
- 9-Pin Serial Port
- RJ45 Ethernet Port
- Normal Operating Temp 0ºC to 70ºC